Tuesday 27 March 2012

OK , so we are up to the point that will run till I walk up the aisle ... THE WEDDING PLANNING :)

From my last post , I gave you a quick catch up to our lives, hopefully not boring you .

So as soon as he asked, I had a million and one thought of what I want, how I want it etc etc.  Us girls from a young age dream our perfect wedding. Even those who say they are never getting married.

I have one dear friend who has told me time and time again she wont get married . However one dreary day we was on the comp and I was showing her my ideas. Out of the blue she came out with her perfect wedding dress... a pin up 50s style with bird cage veil, emerald green bridesmaid dresses and a emerald engagement ring.... Hmmm for someone that doesn't want to get married has thought allot about their wedding ;)

However I have no doubt in my mind she will have her perfect wedding , with her perfect man....... if she stops choosing the psychotic ones :) 


This lead me to think do men want/need this big day as much as us women?

Alex Edouard Design & Photography copyrght 2010
Now without painting all men with one brush , as there will be exceptions, I would say NO. I take my partner as a average man , the way he thinks is a man should be the bread winner and the woman should do her duty's at home. Now please don't think he is a slave driver , as in a ideal world this would be his ideal. However in my house it is very different, yes he does go and work while I stay at home at look after the children. But I am the one that wears the trousers in the house, he would say this is wrong but we both know I do.



I am so very lucky as he is great with our children and truly is a great dad to them. He is clean and tidy , more so than me. He is handsome, funny , caring , loving. He really is my prince charming. Believe me our life isn't a Disney fairytale and we have had it hard. But we love one another dearly and that's all you can ask for in life.


Getting back to my point. We have been asked many times during our relationship, will we be getting married, it actually got to the point we both dreaded the question.

I wanted to get married so much, really meant allot to me, to my mother and my grandmother. They both expressed their feelings on the matter. I had a home and two children and was head over heels in love with this man. I wanted to be called his wife and have the same surname as my children. We was in a solid strong relationship and most family and friends thought of us as a married couple.

My partner on the other hand as not as passionate for getting married. He would say he loved me loads and was with me for life so getting married would change anything. He didn't want the big day with everyone looking at him. He comes from family where his mum and dads marriage broke down, and I think it effected him more than he lets on. However this is my partners own private matter so that's all I will say :)

Where as I came from a single parent family where my mum never married. And my grandfather died young. So grew up without a stable male figure in my life. This did once affect me , more than probably everyone noticed but I feel as my partner did help me over come this . 

After nearly 6 years of being together I obviously did wear him down or he came to see sense as he did ask. I know its all for my benefit, and I know he is doing it to make me happy as he loves me. The type of love where you will put yourself out of your comfort zone to make the other happy. For that I will be eternally thankful for and blessed I have found that .

One day I will return the favour and do something I would never do,  for him. As long as its nothing to do with sharks :P
                                                                      My little family 

OK so have realised that this blog post has not listed any of my wedding planning , so next post will be the quest of finding the perfect dress :) Bare with me folks........

For now I will love you and leave you with this quote:

It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love <3












No comments:

Post a Comment