Thursday 29 March 2012

Walt Diney Cinderella
The dress.  This is the part every woman cant wait for but then hate it. We have all thought about the dress from a small girl, however if you are like me it has changed allot as the years drifted by.

As a young girl I dreamt about a Cinderella sparkly dress with puffy sleeves and a massive skirt.  As time went on the skirt got smaller and the sleeves no existent ( thank god).

Now I think I am pretty open minded as I love a wide variety of dresses. From Candy Anthony's 1950 dresses,  Jenny Packham boho grecian style to the likes of statement making ball gowns by My Lady and Hollywood Dreams.    
From Left to Right : Candy Anthong, Jenny Packham, My Lady and Hollywood Dreams

     

Now  I believe every bride looks lovely on their wedding day. They have a inner glow, but I don't know if every bride does actually feel lovely on their day. After the months of stress planning making sure , the flower girls are looking like little dolls and the bridesmaids primped to a inch of their life. A bride can frazzle them selves.

I myself am a fusser and a worrier. So i have decided I'm not having loads of flower girls and bridesmaids. I am sticking to my little sister , who isn't so little and will be 22 at the time and hopefully by then she will be able to sort her self out.

I am having my partners younger sister . She will be 11 at the time so she should be fine. My partner has a large family, and through the years i have got pretty close to them all, well i like to think i have. I hope they all feel the same. Anyway, he has 4 sister all in all and 2 little nieces . As much as i would love to have them all, I have taken the hard decision to just have the youngest sister. I found this a hard decision as I didn't want to upset anyone. But my stress levels nor my budget ( which I will come to in my next post)could stretch to it.

Partners youngest sister and my little princess
Moody little Princess

 So last but not least i decided to obviously no questions asked. My own little princess as a flower girl. She will be 7 when we get married , and i cant even bear to think of her being that old. But she is so excited, she has been a bridesmaid for her nan before, but was only 3 at the time. She was a right madam that day, wouldn't smile and frowned all day. Refused any sweets, wouldn't talk to anyone and begged for sweets all day.... I will not be amused if at 7 she is like that at my wedding lol.

OK so before I get to my quest of my perfect dress. I will show my bridesmaids. Now i knew straight away i wanted my little princess in ivory , she looks lovely in it. So decided to choose my colours around that. Ivory goes with most things and i would choose ivory for my dress . What colours to choose was so hard as i didn't want the normal, purple blue, gold... they all look lovely but not what i wanted. So I first wanted Burnt orange with chocolate. Esp after i saw this picture. OH I loved it was warm , scrumptious , luxury, Autumnal....... Wait Autumnal , I didn't want Autumn , I wanted a summer wedding. So out went that idea. :(
Autumn wedding



So back to square one i was, who wants a ivory on ivory , no thank you sir not me. I was out of idea and came to the decision I would just have to have pink, looks nice and it would do. Until my inner child came out again , thinking of all the wedding films  I had watched. Then it came to me, MY BEST FRIENDS WEDDING. I still love that film to this day. In the opening sequence they have  pale pink and pale  green together and I loved it.
So there was my colour  theme , and it looks beautiful together. Not to much, summery , fresh  , Perfect.
 For those who dont know the film My Best Friend's Wedding - Wishing and Hoping 
 
Now the most important bit for most women....... DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUMMMMMM RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL PLLLLLLLLEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEE........ The wedding dress. So I wanted a stunning, eye popping dress. Or so I thought. I tried so many dresses on and I just didn't get that eye watering feeling. I wanted to feel beautiful on my day but was I being to fussy? did I expect to much? Or was it the dresses where wrong for me.... or was I wrong for the dresses ....



Until as cheesy as it sounds I had a dream of getting married. In my dream I wasn't in a sparkling Cinderella dress, nor in a 50's chic dress. I wasn't in any of the type of dresses I  have ever looked out. I was in a fitted fishtail dress with side embellishment, hair up on the side no veil and a side tiara. And in my dream i looked truly beautiful.

So now I was on a hunt for my ' DREAM' dress, and it did not take long with the help of google. So I ended up with  a dress, that is almost a ecaxt dress in my dream, Ellis Bridals 11054 .....
Ellis 11054





It is such a beautiful dress. However my heart did sink when i found the price was just shy of £1000. We had such a tiny budget I would have never wanted such a expensive dress. Especially when you can get beautiful dresses from the likes of BHS at under £500. But them dresses just was not for me. Also my grandmother had offered to buy my dress, I wouldn't have never asked for such a large lump of money.

My grandmother is a very special person in my life and although we live 100 miles apart, we have a very special bond. I would do anything for my Nana, and she in turn thinks allot of me, maybe a little to much. She is the one person i try to make happy all the time.


So I googled the dress again and popped up links on eBay ... I thought I am not buying a 2nd hand dress.... But with wasn't. It was only brand new with tags ,right size and £150 delivered. At that price I couldn't say no.

I was so happy when I received it, and I am lucky to have a friend that has agreed to look after it for me so I don't try it on every day.

There is deffo a dress for every bride out there, but my advice would be to try on every style as you may be surprised, what dress is for you.

For all you other brides like me on a tight budget , do not be afraid to look at , sale dresses, sample or dresses on eBay . You may get lucky like me and get a bargain...... and who don't love a bargain.

 Love and Kisses X

1 comment:

  1. Love reading these.... Can't wait to see wedding pics I'm excited and it's not even me getting married or even attending lol xx

    ReplyDelete